Search This Blog

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Getting my Mojo back...


 
the last few weekends, I just haven't felt my mojo.  I wanted to create, but the weather was hot-and it just gets too hot in the igloo to focus.  So on Saturday I was lucky to be able to get together with an old friend.  She came over to scrapbook, but I was planning on getting some cards done.  Pinterest has been my latest addiction, and I've seen so many ideas that I liked.  So I managed to organize a bit more-the igloo really needs an overhaul.  I want to get rid of the old stuff, to make room for the new.  My SU punches have multiplied lol.  So I went to Home Depot a while back and got these little wire baskets for my peg board.  I needed more of the large ones, so Friday night I got 2 more sets.  They're nice, they come with a small, medium and large.  So it offers some options for storing items.
I can store 10 of the new style Stampin UP! punches in a large bin, and 8 of the old style paddle punches in the large bin.  I used 2 of the small ones to hold the real small SU! punches.  I also used a large basket to hold the border punches I have as well.  Before Friday, I only had 2 of the large ones, this makes a big difference.  And I love that they're all at my fingertips.

To the left, you can see a bit of another small bin-it's holding my SU! stampin mist, two way glue, liquid glue and staz on cleaner (there is also a little container of ibuprofen)   I also have other brackets and hooks from when I did a lot of scrapbooking in place as well.  always need to keep my scissors within reach, and the colour coach is a help when trying to decide on colour combos.  Also to the far left are 2 sets of brackets to hold my 12" trimmers. 

I'm always looking for new storage ideas-that will work for me.  I like having everything at my fingertips.

After my friend left, I just had to accomplish something!  (besides organization)  So I pulled out the kit from the card class last week.  I didn't get to make the Halloween stuff, so I started working on those:
                                                 


In the kit was another batty favour bag.  I think these are too cute.  easy peasy to make as well.  And I think this would make a cute little gift of some candy in a cellophane bag tied with Halloween ribbon to leave on some co-worker's desk.

















How cute is this?!  It's the new SU! Halloween DSP.  I love these ghoulish googlies stamp set!  They just make me smile. 






 Can you say...sugar rush?!  lol  But this idea was too stinking cute!  it used the SU! Petite Pocket die, and the new SU! Ghoulish Googlies stamp set.  This stamp set is only available in the current SU! Holiday Mini catalogue.
visit my site if you'd like to order it: www.crazypenguindesigns.stampinup.net











 Isn't Frankie cute???  Such a simple card, but fun to make.  The SU! Ghoulish Googlies is just too much fun!  This used the SU! Spider web embossing folder as well.



Then I moved off from Halloween last night...and played with some ribbon.  I saw this idea on pinterest.  the funny thing is, I used to (and still) do this "weave" with ties on my sweaters/shirts etc...lol  who knew how it would look on ribbon? :)  I used the  SU! 1/8" taffeta ribbon in Certainly celery.  I then added a little bow in the SU! 1/8" whisper white taffeta ribbon.  I then attached the SU! Mini jingle bells from last year's Holiday Mini catalogue. 

roll on to Sunday.... I was up early, as I didn't sleep well with this sinus pressure, but hey may as well take advantage of it.


another idea I saw on Pinterest.  I tweaked it up a little, by using some lucky limeade ribbon for the pumpkin stem and I finally used a stamp set I've had for about a year (at least) with some SU! Tangerine Tango embossing powder.  I love how it came out.  Simple, yet pretty.






then my favourite piece today... This stamp set is called "A Cherry On Top" it's a hostess set.  And it's too stinking cute!  I knew I needed it as soon as I saw it!  I stamped the dome lid on the SU! Window sheet in Staz on black.  While that was drying, I then stamped the image on the SU! Whisper white card stock.  I then carefully cut the dome out with a craft knife.  I mounted the window sheet behind the whisper white layer, lining up the black to appear from behind the cut out section.  I then took a piece of whisper white card stock, and stamped the cupcake image and put that behind the window sheet.  Then mounted it all to the front of the card base.  I stamped the greeting in melon mambo on melon mambo paper-for a tone on tone look, and cut it out using one of the apothecary accents framelits.  I then put it on the front of the card with SU! Dimensionals.  This card is awesome!

and now I want to see what else I can do today...so there may be more tomorrow lol

Thanks for stopping by :)






No comments:

Post a Comment