Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sympathy cards...

Sympathy cards are always the hardest for me to design.  I usually get an idea in my head, then get a mental block when I go to make them.  Last night was no exception.

Yesterday I was asked by my company's social committee to make a big enough sympathy card as our floor manager's MIL passed away.  She's been one of my biggest supporters in my card making business, so of course I would make a card for her!

Then my former manager asked me if I'd make one for her too-separate from the social committee one.  So now I have to make 2 different sympathy cards... I had a few ideas in my head...but like I said-mental block when going to make them.

Therein lies the other problem-not knowing a person's faith denomination also makes it hard.  So I have to go totally neutral.  Not having many 'religious' stamps, can make it hard too.  I went through every stamp set I own, to look and see what would be appropriate.



 I love the simplicity of this one.  It's bright, but not too bright.  After I was done, I saw one of the little butterflies I had punched out the other day on my table, and just added it to the card at the last minute.  I like how this turned out.  I used some Certainly Celery ribbon I had bought a while back.  It just added a little something to it.


this is the one I made for my former manager.  I found this background stamp I got a while back-and never used yet.  I knew it would be perfect as a tone on tone image.  I added a little seam binding ribbon just for texture, and the apothecary framelit worked well with the sentiment.  I just gave it a little ink on the edges for dimension.  I think she'll be pleased with it.











Thanks for looking :) let me know what you think

No comments:

Post a Comment