Search This Blog

Monday, July 9, 2012

Man was this weekend HOT!  Too hot to even play in the igloo!  (I seriously need to get a window AC unit down there!)  However, I did accomplish something this weekend...  I got to go over to another demonstrator's house and we played for a few hours.  I took this new stamp set over- World Treasures, and my new fancy fan embossing folder, as well as a couple other new stamp sets I just ordered.  I'm glad I did, because Helen got to use them for her swaps for Convention.  (I am planning on going next year!)

She happened to have the vellum card stock and ribbon I needed, so I made two of these cards-one for her and one for me.  I love the effect.

The picture doesn't do it justice!  The peacock was stamped in Midnight Muse (I love the new SU Foam stamp pads), then embossed in clear embossing powder.  (carefully because vellum DOES burn)
then on the reverse side I coloured the peacock in, mounted it on white card stock.  The fancy fan embossing folder was used (lucky limeade card stock)  and the sentiment was from the same stamp set-hand cut (since I don't have the framelits for it yet)

I love how it came out.  I will have to look and see what other stamps I can do this effect with...

thanks for looking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment