Search This Blog

Saturday, May 5, 2018

Beth's card...

One of my co-workers likes dolphins, so when her birthday was yesterday on Tuesday, I knew I just had to make this for her.

And of course this meant I had to make a shaker card.  I did a mix of old and new.  Stampin up is bringing back one of my favourite blues- Coastal Cabana.  So I had to use that with the seaside texture embossing folder to make the waves.  The dolphins are from a retired set.  Stamped on thick whisper white cardstock in basic gray.  I then watercoloured them in smoky slate.  When that was dry, I added some clear wink of stella.

In the shaker part of the card, I mixed the retired dazzling diamonds, and the to be released tranquil textures sprinkles.   I stamped the edges of the crumb cake cardstock with images from timeless textures in soft suede. Just to make it "feel" like sand.  This was all mounted on a bermuda bay base.




The card was a  hit.  She loved it and I'm so glad she did.  I love making cards that reflect the receiver's interests. 


thanks for stopping by

happy stampin'

No comments:

Post a Comment