Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2012

This weekend I needed a distraction, and luckily I had a few things to keep me busy.  First, I kept working on the favours and banner for the baby shower this coming weekend.  Saturday was spent melting chocolate and pouring molds for a variety of candy for the favours.  I am pleased with how they came out-even after issues with the microwave sparking while melting the chocolates in pyrex bowls!  That was crazy!  I had to resort to the double boiler method.  It took longer, but I got almost all of it done.  I have a few more bottle chocolate pops to make. 

I don't have a pic of them yet, but I'll take one, and post them.

The other stuff I was working on was the banner.
I love how they came out.  There are 2 banners- one says "WELCOME BABY" the other says "KASHMIR" I separated the name, so it can be hung in the nursery after the shower.

Here's the name:


each pennant measures about 5 1/4" high.  I used SU pear pizzazz, so saffron, and whisper white papers.  I am really pleased with how it came out.  The pennant and letters are from my Cricut.  I used the Baby Shower and Storybook cartridges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment